Augmented Reality (AR) is revolutionizing the way people shop online. With the opportunity of enhancing the customer experience, AR creates many wins for e-commerce. In this article, we will explore how AR is changing the game for online shopping and how it can benefit your business.
Benefits of AR in E-commerce
AR is far from a buzzword. It is emerging as a key technology solution for creating immersive shopping experiences. AR can help bridge the gap between shopping at a physical location and shopping online by making it easier to represent merchandise and giving the consumer a better understanding of the product they’re purchasing. Here are some of the benefits of AR in e-commerce:
- Enhanced Customer Experience: AR provides an interactive shopping experience that engages customers and empowers them to make informed purchasing decisions. Customers can visualize products in their own space, try them on, and see how they look before making a purchase. This helps reduce uncertainty and increases customer satisfaction.
- Increased Sales: AR has been shown to increase sales by providing a more engaging and immersive shopping experience. A study by Harvard Business Review found that the possibility of a purchase is 19.8% higher with customers who used AR compared to those who did not use AR.
- Reduced Returns: AR can help reduce the number of returns by allowing customers to see how products look and fit before making a purchase. This can save businesses time and money on restocking and shipping fees.
- Cost Savings: AR can save businesses money by reducing the need for physical showrooms and product samples. This can be especially beneficial for small businesses that may not have the resources to maintain a physical storefront.
How AR Works in E-commerce
AR works by overlaying digital information onto the real world. In e-commerce, this means that customers can use their smartphones or other devices to view products in their own space. AR can help customers visualize products in 3D, try them on, and see how they look before making a purchase. Here are some of the ways AR works in e-commerce:
- Product Rendering: AR uses 3D modeling to create realistic representations of products. This allows customers to see products from all angles and in different lighting conditions.
- Virtual Try-On: AR allows customers to try on products virtually, such as clothing or makeup. This helps customers see how products look and fit before making a purchase.
- Interactive Product Demos: AR can provide interactive product demos that allow customers to see how products work and how they can be used.
- In-Store Navigation: AR can help customers navigate physical stores by overlaying digital information onto the real world. This can help customers find products more easily and improve the overall shopping experience.
Examples of AR in E-commerce
AR is being used by a variety of businesses to enhance the customer experience and increase sales. Here are some examples of how AR is being used in e-commerce:
- IKEA: IKEA uses AR to allow customers to see how furniture will look in their own space before making a purchase.
- Sephora: Sephora uses AR to allow customers to try on makeup virtually.
- L'Oreal: L'Oreal uses AR to provide virtual hair color try-ons.
- Nike: Nike uses AR to allow customers to try on shoes virtually.
AR is a game-changer for e-commerce. It provides an immersive and engaging shopping experience that can increase sales, reduce returns, and enhance customer satisfaction. By using AR, businesses can bridge the gap between shopping at a physical location and shopping online. If you are interested in incorporating AR into your e-commerce platform, reach out to geekspeak Commerce for help with specific services related to the subject matter.
If you are interested in incorporating AR into your e-commerce platform, reach out to geekspeak Commerce to learn more.